2001-2010 Duramax H Series Rod Bearing (Std)
These H and HX Clevite bearings were developed primarily for use in NASCAR type racing but are suitable for all types of competition engines.
H series bearings have a medium level of eccentricity, high crush and rod bearings have a hardened steel back and thin overlay. These bearings also have enlarged chamfers for greater crankshaft fillet clearance and are made without flash plating for better seating.
The HX series bearings have and .001â€ extra clearance
The biggest benefit of coated bearings is preventing damage during cold starts and events where oil starvation is evident. Starting your car is almost the worst thing you can do as the oil has had time to drain out of the engine back into the pan. The oil is cold and thicker and takes time to get circulated throughout the engine, including to the crank bearings. The added dry film lubricant coating acts as a barrier between the bearing surface and the crank journal. Other benefits are less friction and longer bearing and crank journal life. The special coating also has moly and other ingredients that retain oil rather than repel it.
This coating process was developed for and is used in race engines, and applied to street and daily-use cars to help yield more durable engines.
*Sold individually. Qty. 8 required for complete set
Free economy ground shipping on most orders over $200. This includes lower 48 United States only. Excludes products that must ship freight.
Please return all cores to:
INJECTORS AND FUEL PUMPS
Industrial Injection Service Core Returns
1201 South 700 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
TURBOS, ENGINE PARTS, & RETURNS
Industrial Injection Diesel Core Returns
2858 South 300 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84115
INCLUDE RA# THAT WAS ISSUED AT TIME OF PURCHASE! If RA # is lost, please call Customer Service at (800) 955-0476. Have your original invoice at time of phone call to give all appropriate information for return.
Core return freight is the responsibility of the customer
FULL CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN WHEN:
In order to receive full core credit, your core(s) must be returned within 90 days from receipt of order. It must be as is “off the engine.” Full core credit will be given if core meets acceptance criteria. Cores that are damaged during shipment to Industrial Injection Service are the responsibility of the customer and their shipping company.
½ CORE CHARGE CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN WHEN:
- Slightly damaged housing or camshaft
No Core Credit issued when:
- Cores is seized or hydraulic head is cracked
- Excessive damage ( Heavy use of Bio-diesel and rust are common causes for unacceptable core)
- Core is fire damaged
- Core is returned after 90 days/3months
Please do the following when returning a core:
- Make sure you have removed all fittings from your old unit
- Drain all fuel and oil from unit
- Package cores so that fuel and oil does not escape from the package
NOTE: packages that have fuel or oil residue on the outside of the box during shipping will not be delivered by UPS or the postal service which will cause delays.
- Please re-use boxes and bags that parts were shipped in originally. These boxes are UPS approved to reduce damage while being handled in freight.
- All shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer
- Please write on the box “Core Return” and have RA # clearly written on the outside of box
- Include copy of original invoice and RGA inside box
PLEASE RETAIN RA#, INVOICE # AND TRACKING NUMBER UNTIL CREDIT IS RECEIVED BY YOU. We do not research by customer name, only invoice # or RA #.