Industrial Injection LBZ/LMM Duramax Ported & Polished Cylinder Heads
Heads are first jet washed in a high-pressure spray cabinet to remove oil and dirt, then glass beaded to remove carbon. Next they are checked by magnafluxing, (cast iron only) or pressure testing. They are visually inspected for defects that would make them unusable. Valve guides and seats are removed as needed for porting.
Port development is accomplished using a SuperFlow 600 flow bench with a computer recording all flow measurements.
Many things are considered when designing a cylinder head Port; air flow is only one of the things to think about. Another major concern is port wall thickness.
The porting is then preformed using a new 5 Axis CNC Cylinder Head Porting Machine with CAD/CAM software specifically designed for cylinder head porting. CNC porting brings unparalleled accuracy to head porting with each port flowing the same. This helps balance the power that each cylinder produces, making tuning easier.
New High Strength Alloy, Heat Treated iron based valve guides are installed. These guides are heat treated to Rockwell 22 Scale, which produces the ultimate in wear resistance. This is far superior to original guide material, including Bronze. The guide incorporates a spiral grove inside the guide to hold oil and aid the lubrication of the valve during engine operation.
Guides are then honed (not reamed) to exact size using a diamond honing mandrel. Diamond abrasives allow for consistency of size, surface finish, and bore geometry with no variation from guide to guide. The guide size is then verified using a valve guide bore gauge.
As needed the head receives new Premium valve seat inserts made from a true Nickel Based Non-Magnetic material that was developed for extreme operating conditions.
Next the head is treated to a multi angle valve job to help maximize the flow of air in and out of the head. This is accomplished using a Serdi 100 guide and seat machine. Serdi uses a solid carbide straight shank pilot. When inserted into the valve guide, it simulates the real valve stem during the centering process. This guarantees the valve seat is finished for a perfect valve to seat match.
Using CBN or Diamond tooling the head is given a new surface. With our berco milling machine we can control the surface finish to accommodate different head gasket types. For example MLS head gaskets require a very smooth surface finish.
Finally the head is jet washed dried and assembled with new valve seals and new valve springs.
- 5 Axis CNC Cylinder Head Porting Machine with CAD/CAM software specifically designed for cylinder head porting
- Diamond Honed Guides
- Unshrouded Valves
- High Strength Alloy, Heat Treated iron based valve guides
- Premium valve seat inserts made from a true Nickel Based Non-Magnetic material
- Multi angle valve job
- 130LB valve springs
Sold in a pair
Note: To receive full core credit we need a good, re-useable pair of cylinder heads. No cracks, warping, or excessive wear.
Free economy ground shipping on most orders over $200. This includes lower 48 United States only. Excludes products that must ship freight.
When you purchase a product from our website that has a core requirement, you have two options:
1. You choose to pay the core charge and we will ship the product right away, then once we receive the cores you will be refunded the core charge if your cores pass our inspection qualifications. This is the preferred choice and has the least delays.
2. You choose to send in your cores before we ship the product that was purchased. This choice has the risk of delayed shipment of your purchased product and our inventory is not guaranteed by the time we receive your cores. You will need to follow all of the instructions below as quickly as possible so that you can get your purchased product and we can receive the cores. When you choose this option you acknowledge that by the time we receive your cores, our inventory could have change and there could be a delay in your shipment.
Please return all cores to:
Industrial Injection Core Returns
2858 South 300 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84115
INCLUDE RA# THAT WAS ISSUED AT TIME OF PURCHASE! If RA # is lost, please call Customer Service at (800) 955-0476. Have your original invoice at time of phone call to give all appropriate information for return.
Core return freight is the responsibility of the customer
FULL CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN WHEN:
In order to receive full core credit, your core(s) must be returned within 90 days from receipt of order. It must be as is “off the engine.” Full core credit will be given if core meets acceptance criteria. Cores that are damaged during shipment to Industrial Injection are the responsibility of the customer and their shipping company.
½ CORE CHARGE CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN WHEN:
- Slightly damaged housing or camshaft
No Core Credit issued when:
- Core is seized or hydraulic head is cracked
- Excessive damage ( Heavy use of Bio-diesel and rust are common causes for unacceptable core)
- Core is fire damaged
- Core is returned after 90 days/3months
Please do the following when returning a core:
- Make sure you have removed all fittings from your old unit
- Drain all fuel and oil from unit
- Package cores so that fuel and oil does not escape from the package
NOTE: packages that have fuel or oil residue on the outside of the box during shipping will not be delivered by UPS or the postal service which will cause delays.
- Please re-use boxes and bags that parts were shipped in originally. These boxes are UPS approved to reduce damage while being handled in freight.
- All shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer
- Please write on the box “Core Return” and have RA # clearly written on the outside of box
- Include copy of original invoice and RGA inside box
PLEASE RETAIN RA#, INVOICE # AND TRACKING NUMBER UNTIL CREDIT IS RECEIVED BY YOU. We do not research by customer name, only invoice # or RA #.