The Industrial Injection LBZ/LMM Duramax Stock Remanufactured Heads are designed to be a factory replacement. Complete ready to bolt on.
Heads are first jet washed in a high pressure spray cabinet to remove oil and dirt, then glass beaded to remove carbon. Next they are checked by magnafluxing, (cast iron only) or pressure testing. They are visually inspected for defects that would make them unusable.
New High Strength Alloy, Heat Treated iron based valve guides are installed. These guides are heat treated to Rockwell 22 â€œCâ€ Scale, which produces the ultimate in wear resistance. This is far superior to original guide material, including Bronze. The guide incorporates a spiral grove inside the guide to hold oil and aid the lubrication of the valve during engine operation.
Guides are then honed (not reamed) to exact size using a diamond honing mandrel. Diamond abrasives allow for consistency of size, surface finish, and bore geometry with no variation from guide to guide. The guide size is then verified using a valve guide bore gauge.
As needed the head receives new Premium valve seat inserts made from a true Nickel Based Non-Magnetic material that was developed for extreme operating conditions.
Next the head is treated to a multi angle valve job to help maximize the flow of air in and out of the head. This is accomplished using a Serdi 100 guide and seat machine. Serdi uses a solid carbide straight shank pilot. When inserted into the valve guide, it simulates the real valve stem during the centering process. This guarantees the valve seat is finished for a perfect valve to seat match.
Using CBN or Diamond tooling the head is given a new surface. With our berco milling machine we can control the surface finish to accommodate different head gasket types. For example MLS head gaskets require a very smooth surface finish.
Finally the head is jet washed dried and assembled with new valve seals and new valve springs.
- Direct Replacement
- Diamond Honed Guides
- Unshrouded Valves
- High Strength Alloy, Heat Treated iron based valve guides
- Premium valve seat inserts made from a true Nickel Based Non-Magnetic material
- Multi angle valve job
- New valve springs
Sold in a pair
Note: To receive full core credit we need a good, re-useable pair of cylinder heads. No cracks, warping, or excessive wear.
Free economy ground shipping on most orders over $200. This includes lower 48 United States only. Excludes products that must ship freight.
Please return all cores to:
INJECTORS AND FUEL PUMPS
Industrial Injection Service Core Returns
1201 South 700 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
TURBOS, ENGINE PARTS, & RETURNS
Industrial Injection Diesel Core Returns
2858 South 300 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84115
INCLUDE RGA# THAT WAS ISSUED AT TIME OF PURCHASE! If RGA # is lost, please call Customer Service at (800) 955-0476. Have your original invoice at time of phone call to give all appropriate information for return.
Core return freight is the responsibility of the customer
FULL CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN WHEN:
In order to receive full core credit, your core(s) must be returned within 60 days from receipt of order. It must be as is “off the engine.” Full core credit will be given if core meets acceptance criteria. Cores that are damaged during shipment to Industrial Injection Service are the responsibility of the customer and their shipping company.
½ CORE CHARGE CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN WHEN:
- Core is acceptable but has been returned after 60 days of invoice and before 90 days
- Slightly damaged housing or camshaft
No Core Credit issued when:
- Cores is seized or hydraulic head is cracked
- Excessive damage ( Heavy use of Bio-diesel and rust are common causes for unacceptable core)
- Core is fire damaged
- Core is returned after 90 days/3months
Please do the following when returning a core:
- Make sure you have removed all fittings from your old unit
- Drain all fuel and oil from unit
- Package cores so that fuel and oil does not escape from the package
NOTE: packages that have fuel or oil residue on the outside of the box during shipping will not be delivered by UPS or the postal service which will cause delays.
- Please re-use boxes and bags that parts were shipped in originally. These boxes are UPS approved to reduce damage while being handled in freight.
- All shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer
- Please write on the box “Core Return” and have RGA # clearly written on the outside of box
- Include copy of original invoice and RGA inside box
PLEASE RETAIN RGA#, INVOICE # AND TRACKING NUMBER UNTIL CREDIT IS RECEIVED BY YOU. We do not research by customer name, only invoice # or RGA #.